Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
* 2 large portobello mushrooms
* A bit of Olive Oil
* 1 tablespoon minced onion
* 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
* 1/4 cup butter
* 1 stalk celery, diced
* 1/2 cup crab meat, fresh or canned
* 20 buttery round crackers (Ritz), crushed
* 2/3 cup Italian blend shredded cheese, divided
1. Preheat your oven's broiler. Clean mushrooms, and remove stems, reserving them for later. Brush the mushroom caps with olive oil to coat completely. Move to baking dish.
2. Broil at least 6 inches from heat for about 10 minutes. Check occasionally to make sure they do not burn. Turn off the broiler, and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Chop reserved mushroom stems. Sautee onion, garlic, mushroom stems and celery until tender. Add the crabmeat, and heat until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer the skillet mixture to a medium bowl, and mix in crackers, 1/3 cup of the cheese blend, and mix until well blended. Pack the crab mixture into the cavities of the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven, and sprinkle remaining cheese over the tops, then return to the oven for 3 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
I can be reached at: