1 cup butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups cake flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1. Cream butter thoroughly. Gradually add 1/2 cup powdered sugar, beating until mixture is creamy and light.
2. Add vanilla.
3. Sift flour, salt, and baking powder together. Stir into above mixture, blending thoroughly.
4. Chill dough.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into squares and prick dough all over with fork.
7. Cover baking sheet with foil and place squares on it.
8. Bake until shortbread just begins to color.
9. Sift remaining powdered sugar over hot cookies.
Hint: The less you work the dough, the lighter the cookies.
YIELD: 4 dozen
Other Places to go:
Inspirational Country Cottage Cookbook
I can be reached at: