Caramel Parfait Delight
INGREDIENTS for Crust:
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 cup flour
TO PREPARE Crust:
1. Combine butter and sugar. Do not cream.
2. Add flour and mix until dough forms.
3. Reserve 1/3 of mixture in small baking pan for crumb topping.
4. With well-greased fingers, press remaining mixture into 9 X 13-inch pan. Bake the crumbs and the crust.
Remove from oven and cool.
Temperature: 375 degrees Time: 12 to 15 minutes
Hint: Stir the crumbs often to prevent burning.
INGREDIENTS for Filling:
1/3 cup milk
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 egg white, unbeaten
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup whipping cream
TO PREPARE Filling:
1. Melt caramels and milk in double boiler. Cool slightly and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine sugar, water, egg white, vanilla, and lemon juice. Beat on high speed for 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Whip the cream, then fold into egg white mixture.
4. Pour 1/2 of filling over crust. Dribble caramel syrup mixture over filling. Repeat, using remaining filling and syrup. Cut through with knife to give marbled appearance.
5. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Freeze for at least 5 to 6 hours before serving.
Other Places to go:
Inspirational Country Cottage Cookbook
I can be reached at: