Blackberry Pudding Cake
1 cup sugar, divided
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 pint blackberries
3/4 cup boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
3. Stir in milk, vanilla and melted butter.
4. Spread batter in greased 9 inch deep dish glass pie plate (or 10 x 6 baking dish).
5. Scatter blackberries over the batter and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
6. Pour boiling water over berries, place dish in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until top is golden brown.
7. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
8. I have also substitued Italian prune plums, peaches and raspberries for the blackberries- all are good!
Courtesy of http://recipezaar.com
Other Places to go:
Inspirational Country Cottage Cookbook
I can be reached at: