Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The crafts fair online craft forums

Welcome to our new Craft Forums. This is the place to ask questions, offer answers, share ideas or just discuss the crafting life. Join in!
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Glass blowers birthday coming up (Read 7,009 times)
JackT
Ex Member

Glass blowers birthday coming up
Mar 15th, 2017 at 2:15am

Hello! Crafts fair online forum it's great to be here,

I have to say after I had a browse through some of the subforums and you guys have some of the greatest ideas when it comes to crafts. I must be in the right place to get the information I am needing.

I have a Friend Jake who I met on holiday in Cambodia about 4 years ago and we have been very good friends since. We have kept in contact, gone out for drinks and he's even taken me into his glass blowing layer and shown me a some of his glass blowing techniques. What an amazing talent.

As everyone and see in the title, it's his birthday coming up soon and I'm wanting to get him something special that can be used for when he is blowing his magical glass creations. In the past, he had made me many gifts from smoking pipes Smiley to all different types of ornament for my misses. In return so far all I have been able to give in is a few beers in our local.

Jake has been blowing glass and making these magical designs for many years now so I'm guessing he's got pretty much everything he could want or need when it comes to his glass blowing. But, I don't know much about glass blowing so the chances are I am wrong and there is something that would be great for him.

This is where I'm hoping you guys can give me some ideas on what to get him or even where to start, I could do with it being cheap due to I'm not the most flush of guys and for you guys to point me in the right direction. I've been thinking, Is there any kind of tools/instruments that need replacing regularly? or maybe one that he could keep for all his glass blowing days? something that won't get put away and collect dust for the next 50years haha. The other idea would be to get him a nice piece of clothing this way he can use it and i could find one with a meaning between us if that makes sense, check below.
https://www.easyprices.com/fashion/glassjaw-shirt-cheap

Really looking forward to some replies from you guys so I can surprise Jake with something nice this year!

Thanks

« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2017 at 11:42pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: Steve Robinson)