Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
The crafts fair online craft forums

Welcome to our new Craft Forums. This is the place to ask questions, offer answers, share ideas or just discuss the crafting life. Join in!
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wood Managerie (Read 20,198 times)
Steve Robinson
YaBB Administrator

The Crafts Fair Online
Wood Managerie
Aug 30th, 2011 at 10:36pm

I thought I'd try and post some various projects I've done over the years to get these boards moving. Hopefully this will inspire others to post some of their own.

Many years ago I saw this little wooden reindeer project in Sunset Magazine.

The parts are jigsawed out of simple pine with notches in the body, legs and antlers to fit together. That's great for the reindeer so you can just pull them apart to put away after the holidays.

It turned out so cute I thought I'd try some other animals. Here's the parts for an Elephant-

And the finished pine Elephant-

I decided that the next ones would be glued and painted, so for simplicity, I switched to particle board which gave them a little texture and made the edges easier to round off with sandpaper. I then painted them with spray paints and using some spattering techniques.

Pink Elephant

Giraffe

Rhino

Red Kangaroo

White Rabbit

Because of the angled legs on the Kangaroo and Rabbit they had to be glued and nailed in place, as opposed to notched.

If you make any of your own, please post them here.

Steve

IP Logged

Challis01
YaBB Newbies

USA
Re: Wood Managerie
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 12:16am

Hay dear really nice and beautiful wood animals i really like it its  really good and excellent wood working am also a carpenter but not make managerie like that ....

IP Logged

Christina
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 2:22am

Though the post was posted the year before, I still wanna say that those wood art crafts are so exquisite and vivid!! I do play jigsaw puzzle as well, many of them take animals as the main topic, it can definitely bring much fun when involving in those animal world!  Wink

IP Logged

Steve Robinson
YaBB Administrator

The Crafts Fair Online
Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2013 at 9:37pm

Thanks Christina!

IP Logged

SheedaPodri
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 10:03am

Hey dude,.
Your Wood Managerie are looking very nice all are really nice i really appreciate your effort dear,.keep it up,.

Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: Steve Robinson)